Just like our bootleggin’ ancestors, see if you can make it through the moonlit woods to get to the stompin’ grounds, where you can enjoy Piedmont Distillers’ moonshine and flatfoot it to live music.
When and Where
Friday August 15th, 2014
Ionia Recreation Area
2738 W Riverside Dr.
Saranac, MI 48881
Schedule of Events
- 6:30pm – Race-Day Registration and Packet Pick-Up
- 8:40pm – Registration and Packet Pick-Up Closes
- 9:00pm – Race Start
Post-race party featuring food, spirits, and bluegrass music until 10:45 pm.
- $28/person until April 10th
- $33/person until June 13th
- $38/person until August 21st
- $45/person race day registration
What You Get With Your Registration
Each Registrant will receive:
- Race T-Shirt! (Register by July 30th to guarantee a shirt.)
- Post-race food and beverages ( two moonshine drink tickets for those over the age of 21)
- Post-race bluegrass and old timey music!
- Commemorative moonshine mason jar!
Timing / Awards
The Moonlight Bootlegger 5K will be chip timed.
Awards to the top 3 overall males and top 3 overall females. Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups in each race: 20 and under, 21-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+.
Parking details will be provided closer to the race date.
Rules & Guidelines
ATHLETES MUST BE EQUIPPED WITH EITHER A FLASHLIGHT OR HEADLAMP TO PARTICIPATE!! In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.